The Parish’s contract with Waste Management expires on April 30, 2019. For a myriad of reasons previously disclosed publicly, Parish President Cedars has decided to issue Request for Proposals (RFP) for waste disposal services. The RFP will seek responses for expanded services including but not limited to:
– Recyclable carts with a minimum capacity of 64 gallons
– Bins in Parish parks
– Once per week pick-up for garbage and recyclables
– Direct billing by the waste provider
– Brush and tree limbs will not have to be bundled
– Penalty provisions for failure of the provider to respond within 24 hours to valid complaints of the failure to collect refuse as scheduled
Hopefully, the Parish will, with the deficit reduction anticipated, be in a position to sponsor a hazardous waste collection day semi-annually.
The RFP will be issued this Friday, February 8, 2019. Responses must be received by March 13, 2019, with the contract to be awarded no later than April 2, 2019.